How to clean slippers
Most Dearfoams’ slippers are machine washable. If your slippers DO NOT have suede or elaborate detailing, they can be machine washed. For machine washable slippers, wash on a gentle cycle and air dry.
Have questions about this? Contact us at email@example.com.
How to clean suede slippers
Avoid washing suede slippers in a washing machine - this will ruin your slippers. Suede in general is a delicate material and you have to be careful how you clean them.
Here are the best ways to remove spots from suede slippers.
- To clean mud caked on your suede slippers, use a suede brush to brush away the dirt gently.
- To remove water stains that have not dried yet, use paper towels to pat your slippers dry.
- To remove grease stains, sprinkle on cornstarch or baking soda and let it sit overnight. Use a suede brush to brush it out the next morning.
- To remove salt stains, first use a suede brush to remove as much salt as possible. Then, take a clean, white towel and dip it in white vinegar. Dab the salt spots with vinegar and air dry.
How to clean fur slippers
Avoid washing fur slippers in a washing machine - this can ruin you slippers.
Here are the best ways to remove spots and odors from fur slippers.
- To remove dirt spots from fur slippers, put clean water in an empty spray bottle. Lightly spray the dirty area with the least amount of water possible. Blot the area with a clean, white towel.
- To remove odors from fur slippers, use the upholstery attachment on a vacuum to remove the dirt. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into each slipper and let sit overnight. Then, vacuum out the baking soda using the upholstery attachment on a vacuum. If the fur on your slippers is matted, use a wool wire brush to brush out the fur.
Can I put my slippers in the dryer?
We do not recommend putting slippers in the dryer. Putting slippers in a dryer can cause them to misshapen.
Can you wear slippers outside?
Some slippers have an indoor/outdoor sole and can be worn outside. Use Dearfoams website to find out if your slippers have an outdoor sole. Search for the product you own. You will find information about your slippers’ sole under the product features.
What are the best outdoor slippers?
Slippers need to have a sturdy, outdoor sole in order for you to be able to wear them outside. Look under the product features on Dearfoams’ website to find the best outdoor slippers or click here to find the best outdoor slippers for women and men.
What size slippers should I buy?
Typically, you should buy the same size slipper as your shoe size. Sometimes, however, our slippers don’t come in numbered sizes, so we have a slipper size chart to help you determine the best size. Find our slipper size chart here.